R114, Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, Refrigerant, 20 oz. Disposable Can
- You must be certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), under Section 608 or Section 609 of the United States Clean Air Act and as a result of the Montreal Protocol Established on September 15th, 1987.
- You must show proof of certification before paying and before the item is shipped.
- Merely stating that you are "EPA certified", is not enough to satisfy these requirements.
- **If you are a wholesaler and you are selling to a buyer who will resell the item to certified buyer, you must state that you will keep sufficient records to establish that the purchaser of the refrigerant is going to resell it to certified technicians.
- SHIPPING INFORMATION:
- We are a U.P.S. Certified Hazardous Material Shipper for both The United States and Canada shipments.
- The package will be properly labeled as a "Hazardous Materials Package" with all the required United States Department of Transportation identification labels as required per United States Department Of Transportation CFR Title 49 Shipping regulations.
- UPS Ground Only!
- This item requires a "ADULT SIGNATURE"!
Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, Refrigerant, 20 oz. Disposable Can, R114, CGA600 Top
(1) 20 oz. Disposable Can Of Refrigerant R-114.
"CGA600" top connection.
This can requires a special CGA600, "Top-Mount" Screw-On Can taper with a on/off, flow-control valve that is included in this listing and as pictured!
It can be saved for future use.
Once you have this Special CGA600 Valve you will not need to purchase another and it will work on "ALL" our 20 oz. cans.
Once you have the CGA600 valve you can purchase just the cans in the future and save money!!
- 1,2-Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, or R-114, also known as cryofluorane, is a chlorofluorocarbon with the molecular formula ClF₂CCF₂Cl.
- Its primary use has been as a refrigerant.
- Molar mass: 170.92 g/mol
- Formula: C2Cl2F4
- Boiling Point: 38.3°F (3.5°C)
- UN # 1958
- Odor: faint, ether-like (high concentrations)
- IDHL (Immediate danger): 15000 ppm
- LC 50 (median concentration) : 720,000 ppm (rat, 30 min); 700,000 ppm (mouse, 30 min); 750,000 ppm (rabbit, 30 min)
- Refrigerant R-114
- (1) 20 oz. Can.
- Used in positive pressure centrifugal chillers for air conditioning and industrial process cooling, as well as for air conditioning in very high ambient temperature conditions.
- Its very good chemical stability makes it useful in highly corrosive applications, such as for shipboard chillers.
- Good high temperature stability along with lower vapor pressures makes it a good choice for high ambient air conditioning, for example, in a steel mill crane.
- Refrigerant that is approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is allowed for sale but you must be EPA Certified and provide proof before the item will ship.
- You MUST BE be certified by the EPA to purchase refrigerants.
- - You MUST show proof of certification before paying and before the item can be shipped.
- Purchases that are for "Resale Only" to EPA certified Technicians do not require Certification as indicated on the EPA Web Site, Refrigerant Sales Restrictions Category,
(1) 20 oz. Can of Refrigerant R-114
CGA600 Top Fitting.
This can contains 20 oz., which is 1.25 Lbs. of refrigerant.
(Note: 16 oz. Equals 1 Lb.)
The can contains 20 oz. of liquid refrigerant R-114.
This is a "One-Time use Disposable can and cannot be refilled per D.O.T. (49 U.S.C 5124) Law.
After use it is to be deposed of.
*FOR USE BY QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS WITH APPROPRIATE MANUALS.
USE ONLY ON Refrigeration and AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS DESIGNED FOR R-114.
DO NOT MIX WITH ANY OTHER REFRIGERANT.
Refrigerant Can Notes:
INTENDED FOR USE BY QUALIFIED, EPA CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS,WHO ARE TRAINED IN THE USE OF REFRIGERANT AND
*ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION WHEN WORKING WITH REFRIGERANTS.
*ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES WHEN WORKING WITH REFRIGERANTS.
*CONTENT UNDER PRESSURE.
*VAPOR HARMFUL SKIN AND EYE IRRITANT.
DO NOT CONNECT THIS CAN TO THE HIGH PRESSURE SIDE OF THE SYSTEM, THIS MAY CAUSE THE CAN OR CONTAINER TO
BURST AND RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY.
ALWAYS REPAIR LEAKS BEFORE ADDING REFRIGERANT.
USE ONLY IN SYSTEMS DESIGNED FOR REFRIGERANT R-114.
DO NOT MIX WITH ANY OTHER REFRIGERANT.
FOR LOW PRESSURE SIDE OF THE SYSTEM ONLY!!!!
DO NOT EXPOSE THIS CAN TO HEAT OR STORE IN TEMPERATURES ABOVE 120 F.
HIGH TEMPERATURES MAY CAUSE THE CAN TO BURST.
DO NOT PUNCTURE OR INCINERATE THIS CAN.
DO NOT STORE IN PARKED VEHICLES WHERE THE INSIDE TEMPERATURE MAY EXCEED 120 F.
Do not refill can.