R114, Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, Refrigerant, 14 oz. Disposable Can, R114
- You must be certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), under Section 608 or Section 609 of the United States Clean Air Act and as a result of the Montreal Protocol Established on September 15th, 1987.
- You must show proof of certification before paying and before the item is shipped.
- Merely stating that you are "EPA certified", is not enough to satisfy these requirements.
- **If you are a wholesaler and you are selling to a buyer who will resell the item to certified buyer, you must state that you will keep sufficient records to establish that the purchaser of the refrigerant is going to resell it to certified technicians.
- SHIPPING INFORMATION:
- We are a U.P.S. Certified Hazardous Material Shipper for both The United States and Canada shipments.
- The package will be properly labeled as a "Hazardous Materials Package" with all the required United States Department of Transportation identification labels as required per United States Department Of Transportation CFR Title 49 Shipping regulations.
- UPS Ground Only!
- This item requires a "ADULT SIGNATURE"!
Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, Refrigerant, 14 oz. Disposable Can
(1) 14 oz. Disposable Can Of Refrigerant R-114.
- 1,2-Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, or R-114, also known as cryofluorane, is a chlorofluorocarbon with the molecular formula ClF₂CCF₂Cl.
- Its primary use has been as a refrigerant.
- Molar mass: 170.92 g/mol
- Formula: C2Cl2F4
- Boiling Point: 38.3°F (3.5°C)
- UN # 1958
- Odor: faint, ether-like (high concentrations)
- IDHL (Immediate danger): 15000 ppm
- LC 50 (median concentration) : 720,000 ppm (rat, 30 min); 700,000 ppm (mouse, 30 min); 750,000 ppm (rabbit, 30 min)
- Refrigerant R-114
- (1) 14oz. Can.
- Used in positive pressure centrifugal chillers for air conditioning and industrial process cooling, as well as for air conditioning in very high ambient temperature conditions.
- Its very good chemical stability makes it useful in highly corrosive applications, such as for shipboard chillers.
- Good high temperature stability along with lower vapor pressures makes it a good choice for high ambient air conditioning, for example, in a steel mill crane.
- Refrigerant that is approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is allowed for sale but you must be EPA Certified and provide proof before the item will ship.
- You MUST BE be certified by the EPA to purchase refrigerants.
- - You MUST show proof of certification before paying and before the item can be shipped.
- Purchases that are for "Resale Only" to EPA certified Technicians do not require Certification as indicated on the EPA Web Site, Refrigerant Sales Restrictions Category,